Preparing this herb delicious fried chicken is much simpler than a more traditional buttermilk fried chicken, but it’s certainly not lacking in crunch or flavor. The trick is to briefly marinate the chicken in herbs, then to coat it in potato starch instead of flour. The starch absorbs some of the marinade that’s on the surface of the chicken, and fries up crisp. Potato starch also doesn’t have any gluten, making this delicious fried chicken gluten-free. Serving these chicken-bites with lemon wedges and fresh veggie sticks makes the recipe a light meal that’s almost healthy.
So, how to prepare this crispy herb delicious fried chicken? Follow the DIY guide below.
DIY Guide to Crispy Herb Delicious Fried Chicken
Ingredients You Need:
- One pound chicken thighs, cut into medium pieces
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One tablespoon white wine
- Two teaspoons minced rosemary
- One teaspoon minced thyme
- One clove of garlic, grated
- One teaspoon salt
- Half cup potato starch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedge
How to Prepare Crispy Herb Delicious Fried Chicken?
- Add the chicken, olive oil, wine, rosemary, thyme, garlic and salt to a bowl, then mix well to combine. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Start heating 1” of oil in a pot until it reaches 330 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the potato starch in a bowl and then lightly dust each piece of marinated chicken in the starch.
- When the oil reaches temperature, start frying the chicken. Since the pieces are small, they will fry up quickly, so be careful not overcook them. Because you are using potato starch they will not turn dark brown, but they will still be crisp.
- As the chicken is done frying, transfer them to a paper towel lined rack to drain. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Tips/Techniques to keep in mind: If you can’t find potato starch, cornstarch will work, however it won’t have the same light-crisp texture.
Find more delicious fried chicken recipes at grandbaby-cakes.com