Sharing here the preparation recipe of a million dollar pound cake which is not only an appetizing item but also a perfect celebration delight for any family be it small or big. This rich and buttery million dollar pound cake has been revolving around numbers of Southern kitchens for decades and finally we’re sharing it to let the recipe reach every part of the world and not just limited to Southern kitchens
What Ingredients You Should Keep Ready First?
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 pound salted butter, softened (4 sticks)
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk or buttermilk
Instructions to Prepare This Delicious Pound Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 3000 Butter and flour and angel food/tube pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment whisk together the butter, vanilla and almond extracts. Whip for 5 minutes on medium-high
- Switch to the paddle attachment and add the sugar gradually beating on medium until light yellow in color appear (around 5 mins)
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the flour alternatively with the milk, beginning and ending with flour. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally
- After all has been added, beat for 1-2 minutes until the flour has fully incorporated
- Spread evenly into the pan and bounce on the counter, if needed to settle
- Place into the oven and bake for 1hr 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes back clean
- Cool for 15minutes, then remove the outer ring
- Cool completely on a cooling rack
Now that all things are done well and easily, you can take it out and enjoy the delicious million dollar pound cake. You can also make this pound cake in a tube pan without a removable bottom. Enjoy your celebration times with your family and a million dollar pound cake.
For more pound cake recipes, follow us at grandbaby-cakes.com